Sunday, February 5, 2012

A little me time

Hallelujah! I have just finished the most glorious, luxurious, calming bath I've had in a long time. This is significant because it is the first bath I have had since the babe was born.

I love baths. Long, lazy baths with hot hot water and some sort of scented salt or oil or powder. Preferably lavender-scented. I will take in a book and emerge 30 minutes to an hour later in a dopey state feeling at peace with the world. I will also take the time to shave my legs in a more comfortable position than I would be in in the shower.

I have recently been reminded that I have not enjoyed a solo bath in over two months. The birth of the babe has left me little time for such luxuries, however with the recently enforced earlier bedtime, tonight I found myself with an empty house (Super Bowl Sunday) and a beckoning tub. Once a deep baby sleep was achieved, I grabbed a bath bomb (lavender-scented) and an old favourite "Tuesdays With Morrie" and settled in.

I feel rejuvenated and relaxed and thankful the babe is still sleeping as I type this. She sleeps with her arms beside her head, which I find adorable.

~ H

No comments:

Post a Comment